Job Posting: Office Administrator (part-time)
Objective: The Office Administrator collaborates with and assists pastoral leaders and lay leaders in implementation of the church’s strategic plan and goals by creating and implementing hospitable and effective administrative systems in the church.
Summary: This is a part-time, non-benefited position, 12-15 hours a week. Two weeks of paid vacation is available within a fiscal year. Christmas Week and Holy Week are exempt from vacation days, except in the case of life, death or near-death emergencies. Pay: $14 per hour Reports to: Associate Pastor
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the lead pastor, associate pastor, and other church leaders
- Oversees and manages all communications with the congregation, including weekly bulletins, monthly newsletters, social media posts, weekly email updates, etc.
- Manages and maintains an accurate church database and office filing system. Keeps office filing system up-to-date and organized
- Ensure dependable office technology and supplies, including computer network, software tools, on-line services, telephones, mail distribution, and membership database. Arrange for training and changes/repairs as necessary.
- Input financial information into database in partnership with Church Treasurer
- Maintain an orderly office supply room and kitchenette
- Order office supplies and other materials as needed; maintain an accurate vendor database. Do comparative shopping to ensure the church gets the best price possible.
- Distribute mail, email, and phone calls to the required persons
- Maintain a hospitable office environment, welcome visitors, interact with vendors and congregants, keep pastors informed
- Keeping all church calendars updated, and accessible to all church members and building tenants
- Schedule building usage in consultation with the Lead Pastor, screen building usage agreements, and handle all rental fees
- Attend staff meetings and church council meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous office management experience, preferably within a church or non-profit setting
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well and work constructively with a range of ages and backgrounds
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality when needed
- Familiarity with wide range of office technology, including: Microsoft Office Suite; Google Suite; database operations, preferably Breeze or a similar church database system; Mail Chimp; WordPress; Social Media sites; Copier equipment
- Regularly attends to details and takes initiative in projects.
- Capable of keeping track of multiple tasks when needed
- Able to dependably get work done with little in-person supervision
- Support NEUMC’s mission of environmental sustainability, spiritual fulfillment, and social justice through the ministry of safety, order, hospitality, and cleanliness.
- Demonstrate initiative in problem-solving, both long-term and last-minute.
- Display a willingness to serve and collaborate with others.
- Responsive communication with staff, lay people and building renters.
- Maintain consistent attendance throughout the year.
- If at any time the Office Administrator wishes to discontinue his/her services, he/she must give a 30-day written notice to the Associate Pastor & Council.
- If at any time the Lead Pastor, Associate Pastor and Council wishes to discontinue the services, they will give a 30-day written notice to the Office Administrator.
- The Associate Pastor, Council representative, and the Office Administrator will review his/her performance within 90 days of hiring.