(Updated 8/2/21) We are so grateful for everyone’s patience as our church continues to rebuild itself after the international disaster that is COVID19. At this point, we are still planning on welcoming everyone back to full hybrid (in-person and virtual) worship in the sanctuary on September 12. However, given the new information we are learning about the Delta Variant, the possibility that CDC requirements may change, and being mindful of our own capacities, we ask that everyone continue to practice the flexibility we have been fine-tuning for the past year and a half!.
- What does this mean? This means that everyone will be welcomed back in the building STARTING SEPTEMBER 12th, if they would like, and virtual worship will still be an excellent option for long-term participants and new guests.
- Will we need to wear a mask? Yes, please plan on wearing a mask while you are indoors.
- Do I need to be vaccinated? We are not going to mandate being vaccinated at this point, but we strongly recommend and request that people 16 years and older who attend in-person worship be vaccinated.
- Will we be able to sing? We are still trying to identify the best guidance on this. For now, expect to only hum if you come in-person knowing that this may change.
- Will we have a coffee hour and/or special food to celebrate? We were hoping that we would be able to do this, but given the spread of the Delta Variant and our capacity, we will not be having a formal coffee hour or special food to celebrate on September 12. People will be welcome to gather informally outdoors after worship, and we look forward to sometime in the future when we can share food and drink together again!
- What happens between now and September 12? We will continue to welcome in-person our beloveds who are completely unable to connect virtually and/or who live in long-term care / senior communities and volunteers. These will be the only groups welcome back in-person until September 12th. For those of you in this group, please know that you’re not taking up any spot or space for someone else who wants to be there! In the meantime, we will be working to get live musicians back in the building and transitioning upstairs to the sanctuary.
- I’m tired of waiting – What if I want to come back now? If you live in a long-term care / senior community, you are welcome to come worship with us in person as long as you wear your mask over your nose and mouth. If you do not live in one of these communities and you are fully vaccinated, we would love to have you be in-person with us as a volunteer! We are looking for someone to move into the role of Sunday Volunteer Coordinator AND for people to serve as Sunday Morning Volunteers (non-tech). If you are interested, please contact Pastor Leah to find out more – email@example.com.
- Are other ministries returning? Given our capacity, our plan is to get our hybrid worship experience fully up and running before we consider resuming other indoor, in-person ministries.
To participate in weekly Sunday worship online:
- Anytime after 10:00am on Sunday, open up this website: https://zoom.us/j/863764547?
pwd= eHQxQ2FQdUk0b3B3S2puWGdlaEIxZz 09
- Enter: Meeting ID: 863 764 547 when prompted
- You will be placed in a Waiting Room until the service begins.
- When you get into the meeting, please mute yourself: At the lower left side of the Zoom window, there is an icon of a microphone. Please click it and put yourself on mute until you need to speak. You will know it is on mute when there is a red line through the microphone. We cringe at this request, and we have found that if people are unmuted during the service, we only hear their singing, and the group cannot hear the piano
- To unmute yourself, click the microphone with the red line through it.
- If your audio/sound is giving a lot of feedback, click the icon of a microphone so that there is a red line through it. Then, also mute your computer’s sound (in Apple computers, this is in the top right; in PC computers, this is on the bottom right). After you’ve muted yourself, and the sound coming from your computer, join by phone (info below) and participate that way.
- We do record the service and make it available to the public. If you would not like to make your face &/or name available in this way, please turn off your video and rename yourself during the service.
To participate in worship via phone call:
- Anytime after 10:00am on Sunday, dial:
- Enter: Meeting ID: 863 764 547 when prompted and then press #
- You will be placed in a Meeting Room until the service begins.
- When you get into the meeting, please mute yourself: When you are in the meeting, find the “Mute” button on your phone. Press “Mute” and your will be on mute.
- When you want to speak, unmute yourself by clicking your phone’s “Mute” button. Please remember to click “Mute” again when you are done speaking.
If you are not able to join us live, no worries! Please watch the video on Facebook online here.
About Our Virtual Worship:
During COVID-19, our worship is available online or by phone via the teleconference platform Zoom. Our worship is held live and is not pre-recorded, and though that means dealing with more tech challenges, we believe that the live connection with one another outweighs the occasional tech glitches.
Note About Zoom: Zoom is an online platform that allows individuals and families to either call into worship via phone, or login via video conference. While it most certainly does NOT replace the experience of being together in the same space with our whole bodies & spirits, we are glad – given the circumstances – to have this technology and try this new experiment with you all. Whether or not you choose to Zoom in on Sundays, please know that the whole church community will be in our prayers.