To participate in worship online:
- Anytime after 10:00am on Sunday, open up this website: https://zoom.us/j/863764547?
pwd= eHQxQ2FQdUk0b3B3S2puWGdlaEIxZz 09
- Enter: Meeting ID: 863 764 547 when prompted
- You will be placed in a Waiting Room until the service begins.
- When you get into the meeting, please mute yourself: At the lower left side of the Zoom window, there is an icon of a microphone. Please click it and put yourself on mute until you need to speak. You will know it is on mute when there is a red line through the microphone. We cringe at this request, and we have found that if people are unmuted during the service, we only hear their singing, and the group cannot hear the piano
- To unmute yourself, click the microphone with the red line through it.
- If your audio/sound is giving a lot of feedback, click the icon of a microphone so that there is a red line through it. Then, also mute your computer’s sound (in Apple computers, this is in the top right; in PC computers, this is on the bottom right). After you’ve muted yourself, and the sound coming from your computer, join by phone (info below) and participate that way.
- We do record the service and make it available to the public. If you would not like to make your face &/or name available in this way, please turn off your video and rename yourself during the service.
To participate in worship via phone call:
- Anytime after 10:00am on Sunday, dial:
- Enter: Meeting ID: 863 764 547 when prompted and then press #
- You will be placed in a Meeting Room until the service begins.
- When you get into the meeting, please mute yourself: When you are in the meeting, find the “Mute” button on your phone. Press “Mute” and your will be on mute.
- When you want to speak, unmute yourself by clicking your phone’s “Mute” button. Please remember to click “Mute” again when you are done speaking.
If you are not able to join us live, no worries! Please watch the video on Facebook online here.
About Our Virtual Worship:
During COVID-19, our worship is available online or by phone via the teleconference platform Zoom. Our worship is held live and is not pre-recorded, and though that means dealing with more tech challenges, we believe that the live connection with one another outweighs the tech troubles we have had. We do record worship, and recordings are available afterwards on our Facebook page (info at the bottom)
Note About Zoom: Zoom is an online platform that allows individuals and families to either call into worship via phone, or login via video conference. While it most certainly does NOT replace the experience of being together in the same space with our whole bodies & spirits, we are glad – given the circumstances – to have this technology and try this new experiment with you all. Whether or not you choose to Zoom in on Sundays, please know that the whole church community will be in our prayers.
We’ve been watching the developments about Zoom (the platform we use for virtual worship), namely the security risks, data sharing practices, and lack of corporate transparency about those practices that have been discovered. We do want to note that most available technological platforms that allow us to interact live with one another have a variety of security and privacy risks. We are working on a few things to mitigate the Zoom-specific risks, one of which is having everyone in a waiting room before worship begins.
Zoom still remains the best platform for groups, as well as most easy to use for low-tech users. And, we want to make sure we’re doing all we can to ensure Zoom worship is a sacred and safe experience. It’s a developing situation, and this is what we know at the moment. We will keep you updated as things progress.https://us02web.zoom.us/j/863764547