COVID-19 Next Steps
To quote leading epidemiologist and director of CIDRAP Dr. Michael Osterholm, as of June 1, 2020, “We are in the second inning of a nine inning game,” in terms of living with the realities of COVID-19. To ensure we are living our values through this time of uncertainty, we have created a long-term plan for our Northeast UMC COVID-19 Response.
We recognize that there are multiple ways in which people receive information, so we are communicating this plan to the Northeast UMC Community in these ways:
- Through email to the entire congregation
- Sending the plan via postal mail to member-partners who don’t receive email
- Posting the plan on Facebook (@NortheastMpls)
- Posting the plan on the website: http://northeastumc.com/covid-19-response/covid-19-next-steps/
- Presenting and answering questions about the plan after worship on Sunday, June 7, 2020
- Compile FAQ document after June 7 meeting that will be sent out and put on the website
As of June 1, 2020, we are currently in “Phase One: Sabbath” of our COVID-19 Response Plan. You can find the graphic and details document below (click to enlarge) or here: COVID-19 Response Plan & Details of COVID-19 Response Plan.
(You can also find the resources consulted in the creation of the plan here: Resources Informing Northeast UMC’s COVID-19 Response Plan)