COVID-19 Next Steps
5/1/21: We are going to start taking steps towards reopening the church for hybrid (in-person and online) worship. More to come soon!
To quote leading epidemiologist and director of CIDRAP Dr. Michael Osterholm, as of June 1, 2020, “We are in the second inning of a nine inning game,” in terms of living with the realities of COVID-19. To ensure we are living our values through this time of uncertainty, we have created a long-term plan for our Northeast UMC COVID-19 Response.
We recognize that there are multiple ways in which people receive information, so we are communicating this plan to the Northeast UMC Community in these ways:
- Through email to the entire congregation
- Sending the plan via postal mail to member-partners who don’t receive email
- Posting the plan on Facebook (@NortheastMpls)
- Posting the plan on the website: http://northeastumc.com/covid-19-response/covid-19-next-steps/
- Presenting and answering questions about the plan after worship on Sunday, June 7, 2020
- Compile FAQ document after June 7 meeting that will be sent out and put on the website
As of June 1, 2020, we are currently in “Phase One: Sabbath” of our COVID-19 Response Plan. You can find the graphic and details document below (click to enlarge) or here: COVID-19 Response Plan & Details of COVID-19 Response Plan.
(You can also find the resources consulted in the creation of the plan here: Resources Informing Northeast UMC’s COVID-19 Response Plan)